Monday, January 09, 2006

Updatepalooza!

Ok, I'll see how quickly I can catch things up... its going to be fun so hang on.....

Mum's still not doing well. She's been into hospital 3 times now and was verging on a 4th but for the fact that she's so over it she refused to go. Not the most comforting attitude for her family but I don't blame her, she's been off work since just after Ben and Bron left, late October. The operation went without a hitch, it was the pericardial inflamation, the diabetes, the pneumonia and colapsed lung thats doing the damage... and to top it off the fabulous cocktail of 22 drugs that she's on is making her nautious. Harah for drugs. Our thoughts are with her always, if I was the praying type, that's what I'd be doing but alas, thoughts will have to do.

*BREAKING NEWS* Just got off the phone and mum had a good day! She went shopping and made appointments galore... good oh! : )

Ben and Bron were having a great time. Limited snow and mainly ice on the slopes were making things exciting, so exciting in fact that Ben fell over on an icy patch and shattered his left wrist. To date I don't know if he needs surgery, he was finding that out two days ago but we haven't heard. Poor Ben, Bronny has to help him with everything. Good thing it wasn't his right hand though... small mercies! To read all about their fun check out their blog, Ben's a funny bugger so it can get quite amusing... http://bdphonehome.blogspot.com

Rohan and Sarah have officially left the country.... sniff.... and are holidaying for two weeks in Thailand, for an amusing recount of their adventures visit their blog... http://sareroh.blogspot.com.

As for me, I turned 21 years old and then crashed... quite literally, I destroyed my mum's car and almost killed my friend Tegan. Very exciting birthday that one. We both got out ok, were able to walk away from the accident with mild whiplash and some bruises... again with the mercies although this one is a big one. I'm happy to be alive to tell this sad tale... anyway, because it was my fault I'm paying an excess of $750.. for a while there I thought that might destroy my chances of being in new york in August but my brothers and sisters came through for me... bless their dear hearts... and gave me a travel voucher for the trip. Love those guys!

Anyway, I'm not telling these tales of woe for nothing. The point of this blog is to paint a contrast for you... of just how shit my last few weeks have been... until I made a rather happy discovery which sadly cannot be disclosed but for the first time in years I feel like myself again... so if you're listening, thanks!

Well we're almost done... I finished uni and got my 2a honours...whoot! Last minute assignments aren't all bad after all!

Ok, I think that's it... check out my msn space for pictures of Roh and Sar's farewell and some of our new years eve party!

1 Comments:

Blogger -D- said...

Oh man I've only known you for years. Does that mean I've never met you feeling like you? Glad to see you is feeling good.

I myself have hit a high point in my life. Not depressed or stressed and actually looking forward to whats coming :)

Oh... that is probably the best photo of me that has ever appeared on the net.

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home