Sunday, March 05, 2006

Long long long weekends!!

Hmmm... so much for being more keen with the updating! I do heartily apologise to my two (maybe even three) readers, the stress of actually having to get up in the morning, lean over to the keyboard and type has just gotten too much... or I could just be making excuses.

There was a bit of bad news since the last entry.

Firstly, John Fogs had a car accident last week and totalled the cute little green beast fondly known as Jeeves. He was a faithful and loyal companion and its very sad to see him go. The story goes that a taxi driver did an illegal U-turn. Everyone was ok, thank goodness. I'm sympathising with him entirely... poor fud.

The other news was that Peter Donaldson, the father of two of my close friends Ellie and Ana, passed away from a stroke the weekend before last. He was quite young and there was no warning at all. The small mercy is that the family were all home for the weekend and could be with him. Ana has just moved to Kingaroy and Ellie just came back from a trip to Africa. Mr D. was a teacher at BBC and was very involved in their cricket program, they had a big memorial service last Friday at the school. It came as such a shock, they're so young to loose a parent.

Other then the sad news, everything else has been pretty good. Work is still ... well... work. But thats just the time in between the rest of my life and as long as I can chug down the coffee its ok.

I've been spending a lot of time with Joseph. I had thought that living in a different city would be quite a challenge but we've seen each other every weekend and at least once during the week for every week we've been dating. Sadly I can't claim any of the effort as my own, Joe drives the hour and a half to see me from the coast... occasionally I catch the train up on the weekends.. but then he still has to pick me up from the train station which is now about half an hour drive from his place. But he doesn't seem to resent the effort so its working... it usally means that we're tired as all hell on Mondays but hey, its worth it!!!

I would just like to take this oportunity to apologise for all those who started feeling nautious in the last paragraph. Feeling good, don't wanna hide it!! : D ... ok, I have lots to write about but I'm in my lunch break and... well its now five minutes past over so I should get back...

"Sunshine Lollipops and Rainbows Everywhere.... " Sigh : D

3 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

First Post!!! But then again your blog isn't refreshed every 14 nano seconds by over-anxious mothers. Still, I claim it as a victory for the underdog.

What is it with the young kids of today, huh? Totalling cars every other weekend? Old yella must be running (driving) scared these days.

Do try to enjoy your work or 8 hours soon feels like 16...and you need copious amounts of caffeine to survive a day that long.

You know your second last paragraph could use some work ;-)

12:48 AM  
Blogger -D- said...

come now its not that sickening...really

*anticipating the next update*

3:50 AM  
Blogger sareroh said...

Right, so you start a blog but don't tell your brother about it? *tsk* *tsk*

Sorry, couldn't think of anything original. Seriously though, a blog that does not have three mothers and three fathers checking on it every second of the day, is a much calmer blog indeed.

Keep on bloggin' and, if you like, we can link you up to ours :-)

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home