Friday, August 04, 2006

Onward to Paris....

If I ever start to whinge about seven hour flights, can someone please direct me to the wise words of my brother Ben who said unto thy blog... "thats just the easy bit". Truer words have never been spoken, infact these words weren't really spoken either but non-the-less they were true. The 13 hour flight to Helsinki was pretty non-eventful. Although they did show Mrs Doubtfire... I was sitting next to a very solid Finnish lad who took up all of his seat and most of mine which forced me to over hang the isle which as all seasoned travellers know, is where you get bludgeoned by drink carts every half an hour. Needless to say, there was not much sleep happening. I think I drifted off for a few hours out of sheer exhaustion but I was quite happy to see Finland!

Actually I would't mind going back to Finland. I was sitting next to a lovely Finish woman (reminded me of Trish - Fairy God Mother) who told me all about Helsiki and the skiing (she was about 50 so snaps to her).

She wanted to practice her English for France (??) so we chatted the whole trip from Helsiki to Paris. She had been before and gave me a few pointers on what to see and when to go. After such a grumpy flight it was great to be able to chat to someone. Ok, more later....

1 Comments:

Blogger -D- said...

First!

Tre bien mon ami!

Where are the pictures? Why are there no shots of the cabin crew or you in the cockpit? you need to get in practice for the main event ;)

Paris wll be awesome, enjoy and keep the news comin' :)

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home