Sunday, April 23, 2006

Apology of Sincerity

To my dearest, darlingest, olderest brother...

To thee I bid the most gracious of apologies for calling you a blog slacker... I get intimidated by the superb quality of the family blogs! ... but to be fair it hasn't really been ice ages between my blogs, only three weeks.. and I don't have a spouse to cover for me! *ducks* : D

I can't really account for my lack of blogedness, its been a pretty average three weeks although there have been a few points to note:
1) I bought PURPLE DOCS. This is the culmination of five years of yearning. They're beautiful and have Joe's tick of approval so they are now my newest favourite thing!
2) My newest favourite thing might actually be replaced next week by my new glasses. You see I've been having a fair bit of trouble seeing bus numbers and got sick of the grumpy look the drivers gave me when I hailed them 10 m before the stop. Turns out I'm short sighted and staring at my computer screen all day has sped up their demise... unfortunately I can't get contacts but the glasses are pretty narly! Black and Silver zebra print down the sides and the biggest bonus of all, I CAN SEE! It was really hard picking them out because after the first few pairs your eyes get all blurry from staring through the wrong lenses. I brought along the expert (Joe, who interestingly enough has never worn glasses in his life) and within ten minutes we had a funky pair of ridiculously expensive frames! It was about this point I started to wonder why I have the mong eyes and yet you guys (Ben and Roh) don't! Genetic roulette I'd say, but its only a matter of time. I was very sad in the lecture where they explained that two parents with glasses do not cancel each other out!... it'll get you my pretties and your little retinas too!

3) Dan graduated! YAY DAN! The next adventure is a year long honours project follewed by a PhD... crazy man! : D

4) ... um... no thats about it, I just felt sad that in three weeks I've only drummed up three points of note..

I'll be back when I've thought of something interesting... so next ice age.
Love you guys

ps. welcome Dad! You're number eight!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

What Kieryn with glasses looks like...

7:32 PM  
Blogger Bron said...

He he he he he he he he he he!!!!!!

What a hoot your big bro is... I was wondering what he was giggling about just before - now I know.

Cool news K - we have to get together with our NY plans, don't we?!

Catch you soon
Love and huggy bits...

7:47 PM  
Blogger -D- said...

I swear there is some kind of lagtime between when you post and when my computer is able to recieve your posts from the internerd...

Or I keep checking your blog 30 seconds before you hit the publish button...

Either way you FINALLY came up with some decent content for your blog, that 3rd point was a cracker and, dare I say it, quite possibly your best work yet :)

1:36 AM  
Blogger Kieryn said...

Yay! Nine people! Welcome Mich! I should probably tell Mum and Graypa now hey??

The glasses were from the Wilston / Windsor homezone centre on Newmarket Rd. Tony Wilkerson I think. They had an ok range and they're a lovely couple who run it.... stupid genes! The glasses were about $325, lenses $150... but there were cheaper pairs there... and more xxx ones too... : D

4:30 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Joseph, we'll have none of that talk around my sister thank you :-|

9:21 PM  
Blogger Kieryn said...

Ok, I'm officially ending this posting's comment opportunities... my glasses are quite lovely, thankyou Ben, and No, they don't need to be accompanied with a beret and facial hair, thankyou Joseph (dear to my heart) Del Vecchio.... : D

1:05 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I'll be original and request pictures of the docs instead of the glasses. I like purple docs :)

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home