Thursday, March 30, 2006

Its going to happen.... OMG!

Hello Everyone, for now everyone there is!! I've counted a total of 7 people who occasionally stop by and check out my blog, hazzah for blog spotting...

Originally I had hoped to get it up and running then announce to the world that I had joined my blogging family (my blog and its predecessor actually pre-date any brother / sister entries but this just points out how very slack I am so we're not making a big deal of this fact... anymore). So I guess now my entries should make sense and actually describe some things occasionally! Sigh, the lenghts I go to. Ok, so!

I BOUGHT MY PLANE TICKETS!!!!!

I took two hours out of my ever so boring Friday at work to mosey across the road to the Flight Centre. Together the lovely man behind the counter (a fella named Ben, though far less brotherly and not nearly as Ben-like) and myself plotted my way around the world. Thats right folks, Kieryn has a round the world ticket and will in fact be travelling around the world in thirty days!!!

He's my ever so impressive iternary (in brief)... Brisbane, Singapore, Helsinky, Paris, London, New York, LA, Sydney and then back to beautiful Brisbane! I'm actually staying over night in Paris, London and NY, the rest are either transfers or touchdowns... but I'll be there! It feels so good to have it booked and paid for!

The only challenge between now and then will be maintaining the savings but the closer we get, the more excited I am and the more I'm going to want to buy dodgy European and American suveniers... hence better saving. No doubt I'll be raving about this a lot more between now and the 30th of July, my ever approaching departure date so I'll move along.

I know I've already emailed these photos to their respective parents but I wanted to prove that Kieryn can be responsible... occasionally!


This first one is Roh and Sarah's Painting hanging in a lovely appartment. You can't see it here, but its actually quite a disasterous painting... but its big, and colourful and something to hang on the wall that reminds me of my family... so its staying!



This one is of a plant that Bronny's mummy gave her for... um... something important. About a month ago, this healthy little beast was not so healthy, infact it was brown and crunchy and to an eye trained in plant cultures... quite dead... BUT WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!!! Look at the baby now, its gorgeous! Little bit of shade, little big of water and some quality love and prayer to the plant gods made it what it is today... a plant of size and proportion... whatever that means! YAY!

And finally, these ones are surprisingly not from a fancy dress party, but from my graduation. Kieryn and proud parents, Mummy and Kieryn in traditional party shot (love this photo) and Kieryn and proud boyfriend,Joseph! Love that photo too!!! Its the wonderfully dedicated partners, friends and family who'll sit through a graduation for you... love you guys *wipes tear*

I know these are a bit late (grad was on the 14th of Feb) but I've just figured out how to post pictures properly..... till later then... xoxoxooxox




7 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Great to hear you will actually make it to NYC!

I think a degree would look pretty decent hanging next to that painting, don't you?

12:14 AM  
Blogger sareroh said...

Congrats on the graduation and the purchase of round the world tickets hon, so glad you're going to come and visit. Do some googling to see what you want to do and see when you're here and we can make it happen.

I agree with big bro ben, a degree would look dead sexy hanging next to that huge painting.

Love you, Sare

12:54 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Congrats! Make sure you stop by when you are in the big apple!

12:54 PM  
Blogger sareroh said...

P.S - dead sexy is a ripper asying we picked up in Liverpool ver the weekend.

12:55 PM  
Blogger sareroh said...

Oops - saying, not asying

12:56 PM  
Blogger Bron said...

Well well, it's a congregation of the Davies' clan. Great news K - pretty exciting now that it is all planned and paid for. Mostly planned anyway!

Can't wait to see you in NYC.

Lovely photos from your graduation too - you're looking beautiful lil sis :) Go the yellow gowns (QUT science!!)

When you sent that photo of the painting on the wall, I had an idea it was R&S's, but now it's confirmed.

Catch up soon! Love Bronny

9:30 PM  
Blogger -D- said...

*gasp*

An update!

But I already knew/was present for all of it :(

I've obviously been spending too much time around you lately...

Although the painting and the plant were news :)

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home